Division of Insurance

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Who would I need to speak with on obtaining information regarding Alaska Statutes, Regulations, or Notices?

    Please call: 907-465-2515

  • How would I request copies of public records?

    Submit a Request for Public Records (this form is now writable in pdf format) form by fax to 907-465-3422, by e-mail to the Division of Insurance, or by mail to the

    Alaska Division of Insurance
    P.O. Box 110805
    Juneau, AK 99811-0805

  • I need to send a package by overnight carrier. What is the Division of Insurance's street address?

    Our street address for package deliveries is:
    9th Floor, State Office Building
    333 Willoughby Avenue
    Juneau, AK 99801

  • What is NAIC?

    NAIC stands for the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.

Consumer Information
Consumer Complaints
  • Who would I need to speak to regarding a consumer complaint?

    Call our Consumer Services Section at 1-800-INSURAK (calling from within the state) or 907-269-7900 (calling from outside the state) or go to File a Complaint Page.

Auto Insurance
Homeowners' Insurance
Health Insurance
Long-Term Care and Medicare Supplement Insurance
Workers' Compensation
  • Where can Alaskan employers find information about the basics of workers' compensation insurance?


  • Who do I call for information on determining whether or not an employer needs to provide workers' compensation coverage, for help for filing claims or resolving disputed claims or for requests for exemptions for corporate officers and other questions regarding coverage requirements, benefits and claim settlement?

    Contact the Division of Workers' Compensation at 907-465-2790.

Insurance Companies
  • How does a company file a preacquisition notification?

    Requirements for filing a Form E are found at 3 AAC 21.186.

  • Does a foreign company need to file a Form B (Holding Company Statement) with the Division of Insurance?

    A Holding Company Statement is only required by a foreign company if a request is made by the Division of Insurance.

  • Who should I contact if I have questions about the process for the Premium Tax?

    Rebecca Nesheim 907-465-2584

  • Who should I contact if I have questions about the status of a company application for admission?

    Doug Hartman 907-269-7906

  • I need to know the status of a rate or form filing. Who should I contact?

    (907) 465-2515

Alaska Legislation
  • Who do I need to speak to regarding legislation for the Division of Insurance?

    Lori Wing-Heier 907-269-7900