in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area
- Area Type
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
- Borough/Census Area FIPS Code
- Place FIPS
Election, Recording, and Judicial Districts
- Senate District
- House District
- Judicial District
- Recording District
Facilities and Amenities
Geography and Climate
History and Culture
- The original settlement, called Dinyea (meaning "mouth of the canyon"), was founded by three Athabascan brothers from the Koyukon region: Old Jacob, Gochonayeeya, and Old Steven. The village was named for Old Steven when he was elected chief in 1902. During the gold rush, residents cut wood for mining operations and to fuel steamboats plying the Yukon River. A trading post was established in the early 1900s. The first school opened in 1907. A post office began operations in 1936, and scheduled air service was initiated in 1939.
- The Native population is predominantly Kutchin Natives, who depend upon subsistence.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Name of Federally Recognized Tribe
- Native Village of Stevens
- Local Option Restrictions
- Ban sale and importation of alcohol.
- Access to Stevens Village is primarily via the state-owned lighted gravel airstrip. Fuel is shipped by barge at least three times each summer; goods are offloaded at the barge landing. Residents use skiffs, ATVs, snow machines, and dog teams for recreation and subsistence fishing and hunting.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection