in the Fairbanks North Star Borough - FNSB
- Area Type
- Place of Interest
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
- Borough/Census Area FIPS Code
- Place FIPS
Election, Recording, and Judicial Districts
- Senate District
- House District
- Judicial District
- Recording District
Facilities and Amenities
Geography and Climate
- College is located 3 miles northwest of Fairbanks at mile 467.1 of the Alaska Railroad.
- Interior Alaska experiences seasonal temperature extremes. Average January temperatures range from -19 to -2 °F. Average July temperatures range from 49 to 71 °F. Annual precipitation averages 11.5 inches, and annual snowfall averages 67.8 inches. During the winter months, if the temperatures drops below -20 °F, ice fog can occur.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- College was so named, because it is the location of the University of Alaska at Fairbanks, established in 1915.
- College is a large suburban area of the Fairbanks North Star Borough. Many residents are employed by or attend the nearby University of Alaska at Fairbanks.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Fairbanks provides jet service, railroad, and connection to the George Parks and Richardson Highways. The privately-owned Goldstream airstrip lies in College.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection