in the Valdez-Cordova Census Area
- Area Type
- Place of Interest
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
- Borough/Census Area FIPS Code
- Place FIPS
Fisheries Participation and Earnings
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permits Issued
- CDQ Participant
- CQE Eligible
Election, Recording, and Judicial Districts
- Senate District
- House District
- Judicial District
- Recording District
Facilities and Amenities
Geography and Climate
- Willow Creek is located at milepost 91 of the Richard Highway.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
- The area is located in the continental climate zone, with long, cold winters and relatively warm summers. Temperature extremes have been recorded from -74 to 96 °F. Annual snowfall averages 39 inches, with total precipitation of 9 inches.
History and Culture
- There are over 100 homes in the area -- about 70% are occupied.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- The Richardson Highway provides year-round access to Alaska's road system. Airstrips are located nearby in Copper Center and Glennallen.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection