in the Hoonah-Angoon Census Area
- Area Type
- Place of Interest
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
Fisheries Participation and Earnings
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permit Holders
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permits Issued
- CDQ Participant
- CQE Eligible
Election, Recording, and Judicial Districts
- Senate District
- House District
- Judicial District
Facilities and Amenities
Geography and Climate
- Cube Cove is located on the northwest coast of Admiralty Island, 20 miles south of Juneau in Southeast Alaska.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
- The area's maritime climate is characterized by cool summers and mild winters. Average summer temperatures range from 45 to 61 °F. Winter temperatures range from 25 to 39 °F.
History and Culture
- The area has been known as Eight Fathom Bight. The name Cube Cove was first reported in 1951 by the U.S. Geological Survey. The community was first settled as a logging camp.
- Cube Cove was a working logging camp, including families, through 2002. It is no longer in use. The school has been closed.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Float planes and boats provide transportation to the cove, although there are no facilities.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection